2021 OʻAHU LEI DRAPING PROTOCOL
FOR INVITED GUESTS
Friday, June 11, 2021 at 10 am
The following is the Lei Draping Protocol for the King Kamehameha Statue, on the Island of Oʻahu per the guidance of and pursuant to Hawai`i Revised Statutes 8-5
- Lei to be approximately 30 feet in length
- Only natural, biodegradable plant materials to be used
- Thread, string, nuts and seeds are allowed
- Please keep weight to under 20 pounds if possible
- RSVP by Monday, June 7, 2021 prior to Lei Draping Ceremony via the following link:
- To include name of organization, short description of the organization, description of lei materials, lei making method, any other significant information that might be notable. Please note whether your group would like to present lei at the statue in a socially distanced format, oli or hoʻokupu.
- Lei to be delivered between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. at Aliʻiōlani Hale where a Lei Check-In table will be located and identified with signage. Please label your lei so the proper acknowledgement can be made. An initial confirmation email will be provided to confirm receipt of your requested reservation time. Closer to the event you will also received a second confirmation email with additional information addressing, parking, any COVID restriction/ concerns and confirming your scheduled delivery time.
- Those wishing to give oli or hoʻokupu please note that floral arrangements and bouquets welcome, but no food items, liquids (libations), rocks, crystals or candles please.
10 am — Lei to be draped in 20-minute intervals based on required RSVP with reservations taken in the order received for the following time slots:
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am — xxxxx
- 10:20 am – 10:40 am — xxxxx
- 10:40 am – 11:00 am — xxxxx
- 11:00 am – 11:20 am — xxxxx
- 11:20 am – 11:40 am — xxxxx
- 11:40 am – Noon — xxxxx
- Noon – 12:20 pm — xxxxx
- 12:20 pm – 12:40 pm — xxxxx
- 12:40 pm – 1 pm — xxxxx
1 pm — 30 Plumeria lei to be hung on the outstretched arm of the statue presented by ʻAhahui Kaʻahumanu/King Kamehameha Celebration Commission